India on Thursday said it has taken up the issue regarding the torture of a teenager from Arunachal Pradesh with China. Speaking to reporters, foreign ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said that we have taken up this matter with the Chinese side.
Let us inform you that 17-year-old Miram Tarom went missing on January 18 from the Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh. There were reports that he was allegedly abducted by the Chinese army in the Lungta Jor area near the Line of Actual Control.
Later, the Chinese army handed over Kishor to the Indian Army on January 27. Miram’s father Opang Tarom said that his son was tied up and given a mild electric shock while in Chinese military custody.
At the same time, when asked about Congress leader Rahul Gandhi’s allegations in the Lok Sabha that the Modi government has worked to bring Pakistan and China together, MEA spokesperson Arindam Bagchi declined to comment. Said that the external affairs minister S Jaishankar has already reacted in this regard.
“The External Affairs Minister’s tweets are self-explanatory. He had issued a series of tweets after the discussion in parliament. I do not have anything to add to them,” he said.
According to IANS, Bagchi said no date has been set for the next round of Corps Commander level talks between India and China. He said talks were held between the military officials of the two countries last month. In this, both the parties agreed to resolve the disputed issues at the earliest.
Regarding the Pegasus issue, Bagchi said that the matter is being investigated under the supervision of a committee appointed by the Supreme Court, according to ANI. The Ministry of External Affairs has no information on this issue. Along with this, he said that information about the signing of seven MoUs during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Israel in 2017 is publicly available.