One of most popular drinks, coffee has become part of our lives. Most of the people can’t go with their day without their morning cup of coffee. Over the years we have invented so many coffee-based beverages we can’t count. And everyone has their own comfort coffee recipe. Mocha, cappuccino, espresso, latte the list goes on. There are a lot of benefits of coffee, we don’t love just the unhealthy food!
Following are some benefits of coffee to make your love for coffee even stronger.
- Firstly, acts as an energy drink, makes feel more active. It contains a stimulant called caffeine which blocks some inhibitory neurotransmitters like adenosine and the dominance of dopamine and norepinephrine, leading to faster neurons.
- To add more feathers to the cap, many studies shows that it improves some aspects of functioning of the brain like memory, mood, vigilance, reaction time, etc.
- Coffee can help you lose your weight. Many of us go to far lengths and unheard recipes to lose weight well here is the easiest way. Various studies has shown caffeine can help in burning the body fat and enhance our metabolism rate.
- It can fight depression and help you be happy. Well, this one is from experience. Coffee can lower the risks of depression and helps you keep it in check.
- Some studies show that coffee can lower the risk of liver cancer by a significant amount. Liver cancer is the third leading cause of cancer death.
- One of leading neurodegenerative disease is the Parkinson’s disease caused by death of dopamine-generating neurons. Coffee lowers the risk of Parkinson’s disease.
- Prevents from falling in dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is of the leading neurodegenerating disease leading to dementia. Alzheimer’s disease usually affects people above the age of 65.
- Cancer is not the only disease coffee can protect the liver from. According to some studies, it can also prevent cirrhosis.
- It is one of the biggest sources of antioxidants.