Importance of Hydration
Water is important for survival of life including us human beings. Every cell, tissue, organ and organ system in human body requires and depends on water for proper functioning and sustainance. It regulates body temperature, prevents infections, maintains blood pressure and heart conditions.
Hydration is needed for lubrication of joints and pathways. It is one of the most important necessities for good health. After all human body itself is 75% water. So, drink up a glass of water and cozy up to know about all the benefits of a hydrated body.
Benefits of Proper Hydration
- Improved skin elasticity – Skin elasticity is skin’s ability to stretch and trace back to its original shape. Loss of skin elasticity causes skin to look saggy, crinkled, or leathery.
- Reduced wrinkle appearance – improved hydration plumps up deflated skin cells and flats out the wrinkles. So, before spending too much on skincare products check your hydration level
- Balances out the oiliness – Dehydrated skin can be oily. Your skin has the ability to detect hydration levels and a lack of moisture signals sebaceous glands to produce oils. So, drink up and prevent those acnes
- Improved skin defences – healthy, hydrated skin is better equipped to defend itself against environmental aggressors. With the aid of added anti-oxidants, fighting off free radicals becomes even easier. It thus helps in keeping the aging process in the bay.
- Detoxification- Healthy and hydrated skin also promotes the flushing out of toxins and increases metabolism.
- Promotes Cardiovascular Health- Our heart is continuously working without a rest an most common cause of overworking the heart is dehydration. Dehydration causes the lessening of blood volume which leads to heart pumping harder and faster to maintain the blood pressure.