India is a nation known for its rich heritage and culture all over he world. But there are certain things that the world need to know about India, Indian History and Indians which makes it not less than any other nation. Some reasons for Indians to be proud of beig born in such a nation.
Have a look:
1. Its name itself: The name India is derived from the name of Indus River. Indus valley civilisation is believed to be the oldest in the world. Hence, India the oldest, most advanced and continuous civilisation.
2. Largest gathering: The Kumbh mela is belived to have a gathering of about 100 million every time. In 2011, the huge crowd was even visible from space.
3. Vegeteraian: India has world’s lowest meat consumption per person.About 20-40 percent population of India is vegetarian, the largest in the world.
4. Oldest city: Varanasi is the oldest, continuously inhabited city in the world. The holiest city of Hindus is considered to be more than 5000 years old. It is also an important site of pilgrimage for hindus.
5. First University: The universities of India such as Pushpagiri, Nalanda, Taxila are the oldest universities in the world. Takshila among them is the oldest believed to be established around 700BC.
6. English speaking: India has the largest English speaking population in the world. That’s one among various teachings of the British.
7. Its contributaion in inventions: India has done so many contributions in the form of various inventions. Some of them includes: Chess, Number System, Zero, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Calculus, Ayurveda, Yoga, Binary number system, the value of pi, Astronomy, Surgery of Human body, Rulers and there are many many more.
8. Milk production: India is the largest producer of milk in the world which is 18 percent of the global production.
9. Spices: India is also the largest producer of spices in the World which is 70 percent of the total. That was for what British came to India and later targeted to rule over it.
10. Diamond Nation: Diamonds were first found and recognised in India. They have been known in India from more than 6000 years.
11. Water on Moon: Water on Moon was discovered by India in September 2009. India's ISRO Chandrayaan- 1 using its Moon Mineralogy Mapper detected water on the moon for the first time.
12. Discovered Religions: The religions such as Budhism, Jainism and Sikhism were established in India, two of which are major in the world.
13. Richest In the past: Around 17th Century, India was the richest country of the world, now it is third largest economy in the world.
14. Wettest place: India’s Meghalaya is the wettest place in the world with highest ever rainfall recorded. It wettest place Mawsynram has an average annual rainfall of 11,872 millimetres.
15. Golden Temple: This religious place of Sikhs serves meal to about one million people daily regardless of caste, colour, creed and religion.
16. Golden Nation: Indian house wives hold 11 percent of the toytal Gold in the world. Whereas the availability of Gold in India is believed to be more than 30 thousand tons which is huge.
17. Marriages lasts forever: Only about 1 in 100 marriage in India is left with divorce, one of the lowest in the world.
18. World war 2: During WW2, India produced the largest volunteer army in world history, over 2.5 million men. At least 38 Indians received the Victoria or the George Cross.
19. World records: India Planted nearly 50 million trees in 24 hours on July 11, 2016 which is a new Guinnes World Record. There are many more already.
20. Highest Cricket ground in the world: India has the highest Cricket Ground in the world. At an altitude of 2,444 meters, the Chail Cricket Ground in Chail, Himachal Pradesh, is the highest in the world. It was built in 1893 and is a part of the Chail Military School.
And thus we all should be proud to be a part of such an amazing nation…