Emmanuel Macron elected the new President of France

- Himanshu Yadav   08-05-2017

          


Emmanuel Macron is headed to be the next President of France as the result came out of the second and final round of elections held in the country.  He is well known to be a Centrist and having a friendly vision of European integration. Mr Macron has defeated Marine Le Pen in the presidential race - a hardcore Rightist and having staunch nationalistic ideology and she had threatened to take France out of the European Union if elected as the president of France.

Mr Macron’s victory is emphatic as he got around 66% votes leaving his closet rival Le Pen only with 34% votes. "I know the divisions in our nation, which have led some to vote for the extremes. I respect them," Macron said in an address at his campaign headquarters.

Formerly, an investment banker and later the economy minister under Hollande government, Mr Macron hasn’t held any elected office before. 39 years old Macron will become the youngest supreme leader of France after Napoleon. His victory is seen not only good news for his supporters in France but even the European Union is relieved on the news of his victory.

Emmanuel Macron is also famous for his marital life as his wife Brigitte Trogneux, his drama teacher at school and 24 years senior to him, was the mentor to him in the elections campaigns.