1. Split Ends
This is one of the most common hair problems. A split end is splitting of the hair shaft at the tip of your hair. Split ends are actually damaged hair strands. Over styling like blow drying, straightening, highlighting, etc damages the top most protective layer of hair causing split ends. They are recurring nuisance and make your hair dry, frizzy and damaged. There are some home remedies which are very easy and can help in dealing with split ends:
- Deep conditioning after shampooing.
- Dry your hair using a T-shirt and not with a towel. Towels are very harsh for your hair.
- Coconut oil massage. Massaging your hair with coconut oil and leaving it overnight will help you cure split ends.
- Comb your hair using a soft brush and do not over-brush your hair.
- Apply hair pack using Aloe Vera gel and lemon juice and then wash your hair thoroughly.
- Do not over-expose your hair to sun, heat and wind.
2. Dry and Frizzy Hair
Almost everyone deals with the problem of having dry and frizzy hair. Dry hair can occur due to various reasons. Exposure to wind, over styling, heat treatments, poor diet lacking essential fatty acids, over colouring, over shampooing, etc, are some of the reasons which makes our hair lose their natural oil leading to the occurrence of dryness and frizziness in the hair. Most of the people think that dry hair is a type of hair. But actually, it is one of the most common problems suffered by men and women around the world. To deal with this problem, you should:
- Avoid shampooing too much.
- Condition your hair every time after shampooing.
- Deep condition with extra virgin oil.
- Never comb your hair when damp, it can lead to breakage.
- Apply yoghurt and honey mask to make your hair smooth and soft.
- Avoid using heating tools. They make your hair brittle.
- Don’t go out with wet hair. It attracts impurities.
3. Hair Fall
While talking about most common hair problems, how can we miss out hair-fall? Hair fall is the most common hair problem that we all deal with. Falling of hair is a natural process but if it occurs in a very large number, then this condition is called the problem of hair fall. For most men, it can be male-pattern balding but for women, it can occur due to many reasons like medication, stress, hormonal changes, etc. Certain hair practices like using too much heat, tight ponytails or too much coloring also leads to hair loss. Some practices to avoid hair loss are:
- Let your hair get dry on their own and don’t use blow dryer everytime to dry them up.
- Avoid too-much of heat treatments to your hair.
- Avoid making too tight ponytails as it will lead to breakage.
- Use satin or silk pillowcase as cotton pillowcase leads to damage and breakage to your hair. They also absorb moisture and oil from your hair.
- Massage aloe vera gel into your clean hair and then wash.
- Rinse your hair with neem water after shampooing.
Dandruff or scaly particles that cling to the roots of the hair or the scalp occur due to infection, poor diet or bad metabolism. Dandruff is produced when the skin of the scalp exfoliates excessively. Lack of shampooing can cause dandruff to accumulate in the scalp. We have come across some home based remedies to help you get rid of dandruff:
- Use medicated shampoos instead of those branded anti-dandruff shampoos.
- Add aspirin in powdered form into your shampoo.
- Massage your hair with the mixture of coconut oil and lemon juice.
- Massage with aloe vera gel before shampooing to get rid of dandruff and the itchiness caused by it.
- Apply curd to your hair and then wash your hair normally with your regular shampoo.
- Rub baking soda into your scalp or simply mix it with your regular shampoo.
5. Greasy Hair
Our hair produce natural oil called sebum with the help of sebaceous glands to keep the scalp lubricated. Sometimes these glands produce excess of oil in the hair making the hair greasy. Greasy hair looks dull and lifeless. Some of the remedies to deal with the problem of greasy hair are:
- Eat healthy diet with essential fats and carbs.
- Shampoo more frequently to wash off the excessive oil.
- Spray diluted apple cider vinegar onto your hair.
- Use dry shampoo to prevent accumulation of oil.
- Mix fuller’s earth with water to make a paste and apply this to your hair and scalp and wash it off after 15-20 minutes.