The summers are filled with packages of outdoor activities. Swimming, nature walks, summer camps and beach holidays make the tan lines inevitable. As the scorching summer takes a back seat and the buoyant monsoon steps forward, we all realize that this is the perfect time to take out those off shoulder tops, hot shorts and cute strappy tops without worrying about getting skin burns and tanning.
Now, waiting for these tan lines to go away on their own is a longer process than expected. One way to deal with these tan lines is to use tanner, makeup and other artificial products. These might be faster but they only help in hiding the tan lines temporarily.
Here are a few wick and easy ways to naturally wipe out these stubborn tan lines:
1) Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a natural exfoliant. It effortlessly discards the dead skin cells and minimizes the visibility of the tan lines. However it is not advised to use it alone as it may cause irritation due to its acididc properties. Instead,
- Mix with equal parts in honey
2. Apply the paste n tan lines
3. Let it settle for 30 minutes before washing
Cucumbers are the perfect natural remedy for tan lines due to their naturally high water content and presence of vitamin C. They also act as a good nourishing agent for your skin.
- Slice the cucumber and puree it into a paste
2. Apply on tanned skin and let it dry
3. Rinse off with cool water
3) Black tea
Black tea is extra useful in case of skin burns. It helps in reducing the tan lines faster and give a soothing effect to the aggravated skin.
- Make a cup of iced black tea
2. Pour into a spray bottle
3. Spray it on yourself after a shower
4) Baking soda
Baking soda is an effective remedy for shedding tan lines.
- Mix some baking soda with plain water or rose water
2. Apply the paste on affected skin and massage
3. Wait 15 minutes before rinsing it off
5) Brown sugar
Brown sugar can be used as a scrub to effectively remove tan lines.
- Mix one cup brown sugar with half cup olive oil
2. Add a quarter cup honey and form an even mixture
3. Apply on the affected area as a scrub and leave it on for 15 minutes before washing.