Those 4-6 days in the month are the most painful for women yet depressing too. Though many things can help us in getting rid of menstrual pain, still it’s important that we women take proper care of our health during periods.
Besides maintaining a personal hygiene, these are the habits that you need to stop doing:
- If you’re wearing the same pad for the whole day, it can cause infections and produce a bad odor. Change your pad in every 3-5 hours, whether you’re bleeding heavily or low.
- You are already feeling pain, thus do not push yourselves in giving more pain. Do not do things like waxing or planning a root canal.
- If you’re having unprotected sex during periods, there are high chances of getting infections.
- You can harm your body and give strain to it if you do rigorous exercises during period.
- You’re already losing a lot of energy and blood from your body. Therefore, it is not advisable to skip meals during periods.
- Avoid cravings for food in the middle of the night as it will do harm to your body. It is not able to digest all that greasy food which gets in.
- Though the menstrual cramps make it difficult for girls to sleep at night but it is recommended to have a good night’s sleep and relax your body because of the strain that you’ve experienced whole day.
- Milk products can worsen the cramps during your period as they contain arachidonic acid, thus avoid consuming them.
- Avoid involving yourself in depressing activities like watching distressing movies and listening to sad songs as it may affect the psychological health of any women.